Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Catch up Time

We have been so busy these past few weeks. I have been off work for nearly 3 weeks and have loved it. College football started--I love some football. It is finally getting cooler around here--thank God! We've visited family and a few old friends and just got to hang out as a family. We just got back from a little family vacation to Atlanta. While in Atlanta, we took William on his first zoo trip and his first visit to the Georgia Aquarium. He loved both. Feeding the parrots was by far his favorite thing at the zoo. Initially, he was a little hesitant but after the first bird ate some seed off his stick he was all about it. He got to fee 3 birds before he ran out of see. He also really liked the monkeys and a bird show we got to see. I thought he'd like big animals like elephants and giraffes but he just look at them with no real change in expression on his face. 
 
 
As for the aquarium, I think he loved everything. I knew he would since he loves the 75 gallon aquarium here. He's always saying he wants to see his "fishies".
 
It was great because we had some real communication with him while we were there. He would point and say "see that" when he wanted to see a tank and he would sign finished when he was ready to move on. The two pools where you can actually can touch the animals were probably his favorite. He loved touching the anemone and would have stayed there all day if we'd let him.
 
 
 
Naturally, he was amazed by the Beluga whales and stared at them for a long time.
 
 
The Georgia Aquarium has a tunnel you can travel through while having fish all around you. He was so quiet when we went through it. He just kept looking around at all the fish. It was pretty special to watch.

 
He found the sea horses really amazing too. One of the few times I was able to catch him smiling in a photo while we were there.
 

It was so wonderful to get to see his expressions as he discovered all the different animals and fish. I think I enjoyed watching him more than anything!

While we were in Atlanta, we also visited the World of Coke museum. I love coke as many of you know (even though I'm trying to give it up) but I'd never been. Even when we lived in Atlanta, we had season passes to the aquarium and it's right across the street from it but we never went. It was fine. I liked a lot of the old coke art and memorabilia they had. Also, you get to taste 65 Coke products from around the world. Some of them are terrible! But I discovered I really like the Coke products sold in Africa. Who would have known??

Normally, I don't let William have any junk food/soda; however, I decided he could taste some coke while we were there. What better place to try your first coke than the World of Coke?? Obviously, he did not like it.
 
 

It has been great having nearly 3 weeks off. I know that it is going to be really hard to leave my little boy Friday and go back to work :( It makes me wonder why I ever went back to work. At least Bill is off so William will be with him that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment