Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Updates

Ok so I've been away for almost a week. I love seeing our family but it seems like everyone needs a few days to recover. We had a nice time Friday and most of Saturday with Bill's family. We actually drove back home Saturday night after Will fell asleep. It was a great idea--he slept the whole 5+ hour drive from the coast, ate when we got home and then slept until 7!!  Monday, he and I had a pajama day. I woke up with a horrible headache but couldn't take my migraine meds because they aren't safe to use while breastfeeding. Tylenol did nothing for it. So we had a day of pajamas and all the blinds closed. It was a LONG day. I was extremely grateful when Bill came home and offered to deal with dinner. No chance I was up for that.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had a phone interview with Walgreens. I think it went well but I haven't heard back from them yet. It is a little hard for me to think about going back to work and leaving my little man with people at a daycare center. I have always referred to myself as an out of work pharmacist--a pharmacist without a job, but in fact I've been a stay at home mom for 4 months now. While I miss work and would like to go back to work, I don't know if full time is the answer. I've looked for part time options but haven't really found any. I am seriously torn over this. Today I've been really trying to soak up all the moments with my little guy in case this is coming to an end. I never saw myself being a stay at home mom or even understood how others could do it. I thought I'd be bored but now I get it. Hopefully, if I go to work for this company I will be able to change positions if anything part time opens up. If not, if there isn't the right balance of family time, I may not take a job if they offer me one. Luckily, we are in the position where I don't have to work. I can stay at home if I want to, Bill has made that clear, but if I worked things would be much easier. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the people of Walgreens have to say first.

No comments:

Post a Comment