Wednesday, July 31, 2013

William is One!

Last Wednesday, William turned one! It was a very special day for us. It is hard to believe it has been a year since he was born. So many people kept telling me that I know longer had a baby, but I don't believe that at all. He's still a baby to me and probably will be for a long time to come. It will always be an emotional/special day for me. It's the day I became a mother. William changed that status for me. I had not always seen myself as a mother; I wasn't sure I even wanted children but from the day I found out he was coming I knew I wanted him more than anything else. And I still feel that way. I can't imagine life without my sweet little boy.

Here are the stats:
 
-Height: 31.75 inches tall! My little guy is officially half my height and he is only one year old. That is crazy! Guess he's going to be tall like his daddy.
-Weight: 23+ lbs. We actually thought he was going to weigh more and I'm still not sure it's right. He kept pushing on the sliding part of the baby scale so she finally called it.

 
-Clothes: all size 18 months, except for one 12 month shirt that still fits somehow!
-Shoes: size 5 but they are too small again. This kid has really big feet!
-Diaper: size 4
-Favorite toys: Balls of all colors and sizes! His little people farm animals, mega blocks (birthday gift from grandma Mary), his new turtle he picked out himself
 

- What's new this month?? He's talking all the time--mama, dada, nay nay (his cousins name is Nathan), ball, bottle, no, bye bye, dog. He even said yellow once!
-The most exciting thing this month is walking!! He took his first two steps 3 days before his birthday and we were shocked! We were in the kitchen and he let go of the freezer drawer handle on our fridge and took two steps toward us! Almost every day since he's taking at least 3 steps. He even took 7 steps once!

 
-I look forward to this next year. I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the first and I can't wait for each new thing, William learns. He's such a happy baby and we enjoy each day that we are blessed to have him in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment