Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cooking with Pinterest!

Ever since I got my pinterest phone app, I have been obsessed! I love trying new recipes and have recently been trying a lot of my pinned recipes! I just keep forgetting to write about them. I'm going to have to do better about that!

Last night I tried Chicken Parmesan Casserole...oh my gosh! This is so good and easy!

What you will need:
-Chicken breasts
-olive oil
-red pepper flakes
-garlic
-marinara sauce
-mozzarella cheese
-parmesan cheese
-croutons

Notice how there are no real measurements, that's because it's kind of up to you! The original recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts but they come in packs of 3 so I used 3. We had plenty with leftovers. I diced my chicken (you can leave them whole if you prefer) and then salted and peppered them. Next, I put enough olive oil in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish to cover it. Then, add minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the bottom of the dish. Use as much as you like. I had a good amount of garlic, probably 1 tablespoon spread out if I had to guess. I probably used a couple teaspoons of red pepper flakes--it was not hot at all to me. I will probably use more next time. Next, layer in the chicken! On top to the chicken, I spooned the marinara sauce on top. I used Gia Russa because it was on sale at Publix this week so I had picked up a jar. I probably added about 2/3 of the jar, but you could do more or less depending on your tastes. Or  you could make your own! Then, a layer of mozzarella to parmesan in a 2:1 ratio. I used 1 cup mozzarella to 1/2 cup of parm mainly because it was easy to measure. Next, add the layer of croutons. I didn't have croutons so I used Italian bread crumbs from Kroger and it worked out great! Next, another layer of 2:1 mozzarella to parmesan. There was plenty of cheese on it so next time I might use a little less in each layer(imagine that) because I was worried about overflowing my dish! Then, bake for 35 minutes at 350. After that I turned on the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown my cheese.

This recipe was great! My husband had 2 full servings worth and I had a little extra myself. He told me that this should go in our regular rotation. This from a Chicken Parmesan lover--he orders it at restaurants all the time. As I said before, this was really easy to do. I love easy and delicious recipes! The only negative is I forgot to take a picture. Here is a link to the original pin and they have some pictures. http://ourpinterestingsummer.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/chicken-parmesan-casserole-holy-crap/

Enjoy and happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment