Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cooking with Pinterest

First off I signed up for Bloglovin like everyone else it seems. I am sad that google reader is leaving. I loved how easy it was. I will continue to use it until July!


Moving on...

Earlier this week I made Crock pot French Dip Sandwiches. This was actually the second time I've made this recipe. I did make a few changes and overall we liked it better than the first time, which was also good by the way!

What you'll need (original recipe):
2-3 lb oven roast
2 cans beef broth (about 4 cups)
2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup Mix    ** see note**
Sub Rolls
provolone cheese slices

Directions:
Put oven roast in crock pot. Add beef broth and soup mix. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred roast with a fork, and return shredded beef to crock pot for a few more minutes. Slice open bread, and place a good amount of beef on one side, top beef with cheese slices. Broil open sandwich in oven for a few minutes, until the cheese gets melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, and serve with a ladle of au-jus left in crock pot.

Notes:
The above is the original recipe. Here's what I changed and why. First of all, 2 packs of onion soup mix made it really salty to me so I used one the second time I made it. Next, I chopped a small onion and added it directly to the crockpot. I also added some minced garlic, some dried italian seasoning, and a couple dashes of worcheshire sauce. All of these seemed to give it really good flavor and like I said before the juice wasn't crazy salty like it was before. My husband really likes this and so did a friend of ours how was over the day we had the leftovers. Any  recipe that tastes better or as good on leftover day is pretty good in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment