Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cooking with Pinterest!

So I keep trying to do better about blogging about my recipe experiences with Pinterest! This week was my husband's birthday. A couple of months ago I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting. I instantly knew this was perfect for Bill's birthday so this week I tried it!

What you need (per the original recipe):
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 Tablespoons milk
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  •  
    Instructions:
    With a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the flour and salt and mix until combined. I slowly added my flour a little at a time. I think it keeps it from going everywhere. Add the milk gradually until desired consistency is reached. The original recipe calls for about 4 tbsp of milk; however, it was really thick to me after this and I ended up about about twice that much so I could spread it on the cupcakes without tearing them. Gently fold in chocolate chips. The recipe says 1 cup but I just kept adding until it looked like the right amount to me. I used probably 1 1/3 cups of chips overall. Frost cooled cupcakes. Store in refrigerator.
     
    My husband loved these. I am not a big icing fan and even I liked them. I sent one batch to Bill's office and my cupcake plate was returned to me at lunch empty so it seems like engineers like cupcakes a lot! Overall, this recipe was a success!
     
    Here are some photos I took with my phone.
     
    photo.JPG
     
    photo.JPG
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment