Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday Thoughts

Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Jennifer of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for  Thursday Thoughts:
-Did I miss the season finale of Grey's Anatomy?? It is not on my DVR and it's been a couple of weeks since the last episode. I really hope not but I wouldn't be suprised my cable company is horrible.
-Has anybody seen the commercial for this show Mistresses on ABC?? Seriously, we are supposed to watch, like, and care about characters in a show about women who sleep with other women's husbands? The execs of ABC have lost their minds. In my opinion this should not be on tv. There should not be a show that celebrates sleeping with married men.
-I'm excited about this weekend. My brother in law finally agreed to let me redo his front yard. It needs it bad. There are nothing but over grown and dead bushes in front of his house. He's even provided a reasonable budget for it too. I see rose bushes and other perennials in his future! It seriously has to be low maintenance because he is not into replanting every year. I think its going to look great! Plus I've already done and redone our yard so I don't think Bill is going to let me rip out our plants and redo it for the next couple of years!
-If anyone is considering menu planning but isn't sure if it's for you ---do it! This is the first week we haven't had a menu plan in months and it has been horrible. I was sick Sunday so it did not get done for the week. Then, I worked Monday and more sickness on Tuesday. I have felt completely lost during dinnertime not knowing in advance what was going on or if we had the ingredients for what we decided to hae. Usually, we plan the menu on Sunday and shop for anything we don't have. We try to plan using all our veggies from our weekly food co-op delivery. This week I'm panicked that we won't get them used. I feel like I have no idea what food is in the house. It is horrible. In the beginning I thought it was a pain to do it, now I feel like I can't come up with a dinner plan unless it's decided on Sunday. Also, we have definitely saved money by doing this. We don't have wasted food since there is usually a left over day planned in our week.

No comments:

Post a Comment