Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I am Alive!!

I know it has been a while since I posted. Why, you might be wondering?? Strep throat! It is one of the most horrible things ever. I couldn't even swallow water on Sunday my throat was so swollen and gross. I started my second around of antibiotics yesterday. I went last Wednesday to a doctor thinking it was really allergies but maybe a sinus infection. Wrong--strep throat. He gave me antibiotics. They never helped, if anything I got worse. I found a new doctor yesterday and learned the original antibiotics were never going to work. Strep in this area is resistant to them. So basically I wasted almost a week getting worse and potentially infecting everyone around me. The only good news was that I lost 3 pounds from Wednesday to Monday. So I found the secret to weight loss--strep! This morning I am feeling soooo much better. I think the second doctor knew what she was doing and those new antibiotics are great!

Let me tell you it is hard to take care of a nine month old while running a 102 fever and feeling like crap all day. Plus, I think he's teething again so he wasn't in the best mood ever. Plus, I think he can tell when I'm feeling bad and it effects his mood too. I have never felt more run down in my life, but I tried to muster as much energy as I could to play with him but it was hard. It makes me wish more of our family lived close and could/would help out during times like this. My sister-in-law offered to watch the baby but she has 3 of her own and I didn't want them to catch it if I'd already given it to William.

Hopefully, I will be all better by Thursday! Our anniversary is Wednesday and we are going to a super nice resturant Thursday to celebrate! We haven't gone our somewhere really nice in a while. I bought a new outfit a few weeks ago just for the occassion. I probably haven't bought a nice, new, special outfit for me since before I was pregnant. I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment